This Blog is designed to help lift yous spirits,and hopefully encourage those who are feeling "down and out" or just need a little encouragement.The posting on this Blog are from my heart,inspired by the Holy Spirit.I live my life according to the word of God,and i believe that we can draw all the strength that we need to get through each day from God.We are truly empowered for Him, by Him . Blessings
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Depression has many faces !!
Its been several days since my last blog entry,and this is why .it seems as tho I had nothing to write ,there were no real good thoughts for me to share, I just couldn't seem to muster the enthusiasm to write,weird right? At least that was my first thought. As I have shared in one of my blogs, I had some foot surgery done about a month ago, I figured that it would go fairly smoothly,because in the past all surgeries that I had endured I seemed to recover rather quickly,so why would I even think that this surgery would be any different? Well seems I was wrong, this has been a long and somewhat uncomfortable recovery period for me. I am almost a month out and still not healed. So I had to re-evaluate my situation, and low and behold it seemed as tho depression was slowly creeping into my mind, I was beginning to focus more on my situation,and the pain and discomfort along with every little thing that has to do with my foot ,than focusing on the things that I should be focusing on,like uh-mm,,GOD! First of all let me explain something, if you don't know me I am not the kind of person that easily gets depressed. i am usually a very up tempo ,up beat outgoing person .ninety nine percent of the time I am happy,i try to always focus on the good and not the bad,so I didn't even see this coming,it sort of just snuck it's way in .there are so many bible verses that talk about healing and how God's children seek His face for that healing .in Psalm 103:2-6 it says this,2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,And forget none of His benefits;3 Who pardons all your iniquities,Who heals all your diseases;4 Who redeems your life from the pit,Who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion;5 Who satisfies your years with good things So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.6 The Lord performs righteous deeds And judgments for all who are oppressed
I truly believe that God wants his children to be healed and to be whole,I don’t believe God ever envisioned any of His children less than 100 percent whole. The bible says in Luke 9:11, But the crowds were aware of this and followed Him; and welcoming them, He began speaking to them about the kingdom of God and curing those who had need of healing.
God is the great physician and we need to realize that .Instead of focusing on God and all that he can and will do for me all the time, I was only focusing on God when I thought of Him,sad right?
`You see that’s were I believe the tiny seed of depression gets planted,we don't even see it get planted, the enemy silently passes by and drops it in that fertile soil in our life,that soil that we have left unattended rich with all the nutrients that are needed to grow that wicked weed called “Depression”
Psalms 69:1-3 says this Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths,where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me.I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God.
Does the author of Psalm 69 sound depressed to you? He sure does to me. The Bible is not afraid to be blunt about human strengths and weaknesses. There are many Godly heroes in the Bible who struggled with their moods. It should be no surprise then that Christians still struggle with their moods today. The good news is that God loves us as much as he loved them.
Our number-one enemy is emotions. We tend to be led by how we feel, but we must realize that feelings are fickle, they change from day to day! We should be careful not to follow every thought that comes to our mind because our thoughts and feelings don't dictate truth to us.
I've learned that staying disappointed can cause me to start feeling discouraged, which is a deeper problem than disappointment. But I've also learned that you can't be hopeful and discouraged at the same time. So as soon as the devil attacks us with disappointment and we start feeling discouraged, we need to turn to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to fill us with hope. A brief period of discouragement may not have a devastating effect, but long-term discouragement can lead to depression—a very serious problem.
We must face the truth and take responsibility for our actions. When we do that and ask God to help us, the spirit of heaviness leaves us and we feel light and free. Jesus tells us in Matthew 11:30, ...My burden is light and easy to be borne. Being depressed about circumstances does not change them, and is a total waste of time and a thief of joy. So we must stop letting our feelings, mind, body, and past experiences rule us and allow God to give us a fresh plan, a new idea, a new goal! You can experience victory over your emotions by being led, guided, controlled, and ruled by the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus sent to us as our Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby to remain with us forever (see John 14:16). Thank God, we don't have to be disappointed, discouraged, despondent, depressed, or in despair. Jesus not only is the Way, but He is also the way out! Jesus is our healer, our glory, and the lifter of our heads.
Remember what Jesus Christ went through for us. Remember what the apostle Paul experienced, yet remained focused on the eternal rather than the temporary. When we maintain faith and keep our focus on God's love and the hope He has given us for eternity, Christians can weather the storms of life. It can be done.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9, We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18, Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
My friends ,as you journey through life , we need to realize that the little things in life can become giant obstacles ,and if we don’t ask God on a daily basis to help us ,before we realize we are mired down and stuck in world of despair that we think there is just no escape from, but praise be to God , he can and will deliver us up and out of it
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” Isaiah 40:31
Blessings!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment