Friday, March 1, 2013

Are We who we should BE,,,Are We?



At New Life pastor Troy has been teaching a series on “Grace” ,and to say the least is has had a profound impact on me and my life. The word grace is a very common word that is used almost if not daily by not only Christians but also non believers .we use that phrase “By the grace of God’ without even realizing what it really means. How many times have you said this, "I could care less",,, well think about what you just said,  it means you care. What you MEANT to say means the exact opposite. Next time Substitute with: "I could not care less", "I have never cared less about anything” Are you still with me? You see the things we say can have a great impact on those that hear it. Our actions can have a profound impact on the people that we have daily interaction with, and we need to very aware of those actions, and there impact.
        There are two very powerful forces in the world, which have been here ever since the time when Eve partook of the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Those two forces are sin and grace. A very great power is sin, a power dark, mysterious and full of force. No matter how sinful man may be, yet the light of day descends upon him unasked for and unsought. Such is the grace of God; where it comes it comes not because sought, or deserved, but simply from the goodness of the heart of God. Such is the grace of God. It does not visit us because we ask it, much less, because we deserve it; but as God wills it, and the bottles of heaven are unstopped, so God wills it, and grace descends. No matter how vile, and black, and foul, and godless, men may be, he will have mercy on whom he will have mercy, and that free, rich, overflowing goodness of his can make the very worst and least deserving the objects of his best and choicest love.
        James 1:19 says, be slow to speak, slow to wrath. if we as Christians took time and did this on a regular basis I truly believe that the positive impact we have on others would greatly out way the negative. We also need to meditate on this scripture, Proverbs 29:20 - Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him. We need to Force ourselves to analyze every  situation and consider the consequences of what we might say or do. "If I say or do this, will it be good for others, or am I just angry and will regret the statement later?" Count to ten. Maybe take a walk or ask for time to calm down and think. But instead of clamming up, set an appointment: a specific time to discuss the problem later.
        So how many of you are scratching your heads right now saying,”Tim what and how does this all relate to me being who I should be?,,, thanks for asking that question ,let me expound on what the word of god says about it.
 Psalm 32:3-5 says: “There was a time when I wouldn’t admit what a sinner I was. But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my days with frustration. All day and all night your hand was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water on a sunny day until I finally admitted all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, ‘I will confess them to the Lord.’ And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.”
        “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.” Romans 8:2 The Christian life is a life of freedom: freedom from guilt and freedom to live as God intends, which is ultimately the most satisfying life. It is a process of growth, of becoming like Christ and reflecting Christ. And it takes time to grow!
        So I present this question to you,: Are you who you should be” are you who God wants and expects you to be? Has sin clouded your relationship with God? Has sin become something that you just sweep in a pile then push under the rug never to deal with it? As with all sins, God does not just tell us what to quit. He also tells us what to do to correct our problem.
        I read this quote in a book written by Charles. H. SPURGEON,, To sum up all in one, what I mean is this: there have straggled in here this morning the poor working man, the struggling mechanic, the gay young fop, the man who leads a fast life, the wretch who leads a coarse life, the woman, perhaps, who has gone far astray; I mean to say to such, you are lost, but the Son of man is come to seek and to save you. I mean to say to you, sons and daughters of moral parents, who are not converted, but perhaps feel yourselves even worse than the immoral, I mean to say to you that you are not past hope yet. God will love you freely, and this is how his love is preached to you—"Whosoever believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved." Come as you are; God will accept you as you are. Come as you are, without any preparation or fitness; come as you are, and where the cross is lifted high with the bleeding Son of God upon it, fall flat on your face, accepting the love manifested there, willingly receiving this day the grace which God willingly and freely gives.
    As sinners, without any qualification, as sinners, as undeserving sinners, my Lord will receive you graciously and love you freely.

        2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

      So are you who you should be? Don’t answer me, TELL GOD, talk to him, commune with him, and get to know him like he knows you. I want to close with this prayer,,

Dear Lord God Almighty Keep us from looking in the mirror and admiring our own beauty, which is not beauty at all. Let the True Beauty be in us - Your Holy Spirit of Truth and Grace. Keep us from pride and love of self, which is our enemy. Bless us with absolute, total, unselfish Love. Which is only possible through Your Holy Spirit We give you our lives. Do with us as You Will. Make our lives useful to Your Service. The only ambition we have is to humbly, and honestly do Your Will. We want to lift up Your Name Jesus, not our names. We want to make known the power of Your Holy Spirit, Jesus. We want you to claim us for yourself, and use us according to Your Divine purpose. And no matter the job or task that you assign to us, we will be contented, and full of Joy, to do Your Holy Will, Jesus.Let Your Holy Spirit, Jesus, live in us forever, and give us purpose, hope, and peace and joy, and Eternal Life. For without you, we perish. In Your Holy Spirit, Jesus, we pray! Amen,

        Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment