Have you ever been caught in a storm Totally off guard, you didn’t even see its approach, of course you have is probably you're response , but my next question to you is what do you do when you find yourselves in the middle of that sudden storm? Everybody knows that there will be storms. The trick is to learn how to respond to the storm. In a fierce storm, there is only one thing to do and only one way to survive. You have to put the ship in a certain position and keep her there
The same thing is true for the believer, when the storms of life overwhelm us, there is only one thing to do. We must place ourselves in the comfort of God and He will keep us there until the storm is past. Yes, God’s comfort is faithful. What a great promise that every time we have trouble He will be there with comfort. The faithful and consistent comfort of God depends upon nothing but the character and heart of God.
I have had the honor and most of the time the pleasure of raising two beautiful girls that I love with all my heart. there were times that they made me very angry They disobeyed me and sometimes even disappointed me, but if they were hurt, sick or in trouble, the anger, disappointment and even the disobedience was overruled by my love for them and a driving need to comfort them. If my imperfect heart responded to my children that way, think about the perfect heart of our heavenly Father .
The most difficult times to continue believing the promises of God are during the storms of life when the waves of emotions are so great they threaten to tip your boat and spill you into an ocean of despair. ‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’ Jeremiah 29:11 .
Few things in this unstable life are completely dependable, but God’s comfort is one of them. When the hard times come, we can hold on to the promise that is found in Jeremiah 16:19, “Lord, you are my strength and my protection, my safe place in times of trouble.”
Life is busy. Each day we have activities, tasks and distractions that vie for our time and attention. If we aren’t careful and deliberate, our relationship with God can suffer as a result. The Lord doesn’t want to be an after-thought and He doesn’t want to be penciled in to our schedules. He wants us to prioritize Him. Focus our hearts on Him. Worship Him. Be with Him. Rest in Him.
I will close with this prayer:
Thank You, God, for Your faithfulness to me and for the comfort You give in the midst of my storms. I admit that I don’t understand that faithfulness and comfort but I accept it right now in my life. I choose to say and to believe, “Yes, the storm is big but you are bigger!” Help me to rest in you, knowing that you are my comfort and my hope. In Jesus’ name, Amen. Blessings :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment