I have to tell you all that these past few weeks have been very trying on me to say the least. It’s now been eleven years since my Dad has gone to be with the Lord, he passed away suddenly on December 3d, 2002, though it seems as it was just yesterday. My Mother went to be with the Lord on the 18th of November this year, although she had been ill for quite sometime it no more lessened the pain of her loss. In life we will experience many different kinds of hardship, and sometimes dealing with those events become overtaxing to say the least. In the Bible We learn that Christ and the Holy Spirit are continually interceding on our behalf. And we discover that we are the recipients of an inheritance that cannot be measured in human terms. John 14:26 says this, “I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught.
I don’t think that one can ever totally be prepared for the death of a loved one, no matter how much prior preparation is involved. I thank God that I have been blessed with a great support group, my wife is my strongest supporter, always there for me 24 hours a day, always willing to hear what I have on my mind, and a few close friends that I consider family, that never turn a deaf ear to my pleas.
I am a very strong supporter of intercessory prayer; Intercessory prayer is prayer for others. Its prayer whereby someone pleads with God on behalf of another or others who desperately need God's intervention.” Remember that intercessory prayer is the sweetest prayer God ever hears. Jesus was an intercessor while He was here on earth. He prayed for those who were sick and possessed by demons. He prayed for His disciples. He even prayed for you and me when He interceded for all those who would believe on Him. Jesus continued His ministry of intercession after His death and resurrection when He returned to Heaven. He now serves as our intercessor in Heaven.
When it comes to seeking intercessory prayer, I have to tell you that I have been known to get the ‘cart before the horse ‘so to say. Sometimes we get so caught up in wanting God to ‘fix ‘a situation that we are either in or going through, we sometimes get the order of who we want to pray mixed up. We need to be ever so aware that if you are married that your spouse should be aware of who is being asked, and that the person that you are asking to pray is aware that your spouse knows what is going on. Remember God, knows our mind, body, and emotional structure and knows what helps or hurts us. Few things will strengthen your marriage more than discussing things together, weather it’s a minor or major decision.
I encourage you to always lean on God for all answers in life, one of my favorite bible passages is Proverbs 3:5-6.Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. So take time,and process your thoughts,after all God already has it all figured out, all we have to do is trust in Him, don’t possibly mess up a good marriage or potentially ruin a great friendship because of you over anxiousness.
May God bless you beyond comprehension during this 2013 Advent season .Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment