You ever wake up in the morning and you suddenly realize that you really have nothing good to say!!now don’t get me wrong , we should always thank the Lord for waking us ,, but beside that,,,Hmmmmm “NOTHING”Well Pastor Troy briefly touched on that very same subject last Sunday in service. He spoke on the fact that what we say can have different affects and outcomes on the people that hear the words that come out of our mouths,and I wholeheartedly agree with him. Along that same subject a good friend of mine Mark asked me a question while we were having lunch together after service last Sunday. He asked me why I haven't posted anything new on my Blog site lately,and my reply was “I just don't have anything good to say”,,,,,pretty sad isn't it! .That question really made me think,
I consider myself a pretty well grounded Christian,I do my very best to make it to church every Sunday,I try my best to encourage the people that I meet throughout each day,,Hey I am even on the prayer team at church,and my response to Mark was, “I just don’t have anything good to say” UNACCEPTABLE,totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!
In the bible we read in James chapter 3 verses 3-8, 3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
You see although we cant tame the tongue , we can be ever so conscious of what it produces,we must strive to speak positivity,it only takes a single small word to utterly destroy someones sense of well doing,not to mention possibly totally destroy their confidence.
I can remember when I first came to faith, that I had a strong desire to correct my bad language. I began by exchanging neutral words for the vulgarities that I had been using in the past. But in tough situations, I found myself using the replacement words with the same venom that I used to use the bad language. Nothing had really changed, and I believe now that God was no happier with my language. God wanted me to work on my insides, and he is less concerned with the replacement words I used. It’s not the words we say, it’s the way we feel. Look at what Jesus said about our words:
We read this in the bible,in Matthew 15:10-11 it says ,Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
So back to the question that was presented to me by Mark,”Why haven’t you posted anything on your Blog lately?”
So if you would,Imagine a life in which there was no pain from the things that we say or the things that were said to us. Imagine a world where people reached their potential because they were constantly encouraged with words. Imagine a world with no gossip, no criticism, no vulgarity. It is a world that could exist if only we would live our lives God’s way.
As we read in the Bible Jesus reminds us that the words we speak are actually the overflow of our hearts. When someone becomes a Christian there is an expectancy that a change of speech follows because living for Christ makes a difference in one’s choice of words. The sinner’s mouth is “full of cursing and bitterness” ,but when we turn our lives over to Christ, we gladly confess that “Jesus is Lord” . As condemned sinners, our mouths are silenced before the throne of God , but as believers, our mouths are opened to praise and glorify God .
So thank you Pastor Troy for the message you delivered last Sunday,and thank you Mark for being obedient ,(even though you may think it was nothing) for asking me that question. We as Christians need to realize that we always have something “GOOD” to say,as long as we have the word of God hidden in our hearts,as we should have, we always have a good word to share with others.
I will close with this ,Psalm 119:9-11 says 9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. 10 I seek you with all my heart,do not let me stray from your commands.11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Blessings,and Oh Yeah,,,GOOD WORDS!!!! :-)
,
No comments:
Post a Comment