Psalm 25:4-5, David said, “Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” Trust that God will let you know which feelings to feed and which to starve. How many times have you read that scripture, ten twenty times, never? Or possibly more times than you can remember. Have you taken anytime to meditate on it, or what it is trying to say to you’re heart? Well maybe its time to do just that. The Bible is not just a bunch of words on pages, it is the truth given to us by God, our loving father in Heaven. That statement may seem obvious to you, but I think all too often we don't deeply pursue God's Word as the absolutely faultless truth that it is. Gods word is what it is, we don’t have to add to it, spruce it up or make it our own, God gave us the word just the way he wanted us to receive it, so why do we find it so hard to accept it the way it is? We should ask God to show, teach, guide and instruct us in his ways, paths and truth. We must set aside our preconceived ideas that the corrupted world we live in has placed in our minds and we must desire to know the truth. We need to learn to accept Gods word organically, without additives or anything extra added to it, its really good just the way it has been given to us.
What makes people hesitate to share their faith? Here are some of the fears that have been mentioned to me: "I am afraid I might do more harm than good." "I don't know what to say." "I may not be able to give snappy answers to tricky questions." "I am afraid I might fail." Perhaps the most common fear, however, is that of being rejected. A good witness isn't like a salesman, emphasis is on a person rather than a product. A good witness is like a signpost. It doesn't matter whether it is old, young, pretty, ugly; it has to point the right direction and be able to be understood. We are witnesses to Christ, we point to him.
In the coming weeks our pastor at New Life Assembly Of God,,for those that haven’t yet attended a service , Pastor Troy, will be bringing forth a God inspired message on Organic Christianity. I believe that organic Christianity is more about renewing our minds as to who you and I really are, instead of trying to become someone we aren’t.
So I want to encourage you to let go and let God, meaning that God has given his holy word to his children so that they may apply it to there everyday life, really without having to put a whole lot of effort , but by simply accepting it as it is.
Remember all people were created for one thing. We are here to glorify God with our lives. We need to stop living for ourselves and ask God to help us live for Him. If God is first, then His message should be more important than our reputation. Who cares if people hate you because you told them the truth? Do you believe or don’t you? Prove it by spreading the Word. Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment