Who’s your guide?
Many times in Scripture, God asks us to do what doesn’t make sense to our logic. For example, Mark 10:43 says, “Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant” To most people, that verse doesn’t make sense; you’d think great people would have others serving them. Jesus says it’s the other way around; the great people are the ones serving others. I need to trust what God says about greatness, not what I think. Anytime we demonstrate faith, we’re relying on something, you see Genuine faith is relying on God's direction and on who he is. God is reliable and I’m sure He knows what you need, and he wants to meet those needs, unfortunately, we think we know better and We think we have a better plan. We want to use our logic and get to the answer in a way that makes us look good and doesn’t require risk. But God wants us to grow, so he takes us a different way. Did you know that admitting your hopelessness to God can be a statement of faith? ,Hmmm interesting right?
Trusting God yet feeling despair at the same time, in Psalms 116:10, David wrote “I believed, so I said, I am completely ruined”! Trust God to keep His promises and don’t be troubled by trouble. we must realize that our Circumstances cannot change the character of God. God’s grace is still in full force and He is still for you, even when you don’t feel it. Focus on who God is and his unchanging nature Regardless of circumstances and how you feel, and hang on to God’s unchanging character. Remind yourself what you know to be eternally true about God, He is good, He loves you, is with you,knows what you’re going through, He cares, and He has a good plan for your life. God wants you to be you, You don’t have to try to pretend to be someone else and you don’t have to hide who you actually are. The most attractive people I know are not the best looking; rather, they’re true to who they are. You are God’s masterpiece, a work of his own hands.” By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me” 1 Corinthians 15:10
Many of you are on face book today,as am I ,and I was reading a post the other day and it said ,” Living life based upon how you feel is a shipwreck waiting to happen “that is such a true and very accurate statement. We need to realize that if we intend to live out our life day to day, based on the way you feel when you wake up you will be riding on the roller coaster of life that is constantly out of control, and its bound to derail one day, thus sending you into a tailspin that is going to be very difficult to get out of.
When we take trips, we generally plan ahead; how much it will cost, where we will go, what to take, what we will do when we get there and my favorite ,, what kids to leave at home, ( just kidding ). God guided so many in the Bible, He lead The children of Israel out of Egypt ,Jonah to his destination, Nineveh , Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness and he lead Paul along His missionary journeys. The Word of God says this in Psalms 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. It points us in the right direction and keeps us on the right path. I remember reading a story years ago having to do with life and the journey it takes one on. A small girl had been promised the privilege of climbing to a nearby hilltop where her brother enjoyed playing. But when she came within sight of the steep, rough path, she drew back in dismay. ’Why, there isn’t a smooth spot anywhere. It’s all bumpy and stony!" she exclaimed.
’Yes," said her more experienced older brother, ’but how else would we ever climb to the top if it wasn’t? The stones and bumps are what we step on to get there." God’s wisdom is truly amazing and perfect, even when we don’t think so at the time We don’t have to worry that our guide will take off on His own adventure and leave us stranded.
He will never abandon us, even when we sin, Isa 58:11 says , The LORD will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. Are you letting God guide you or are you trying to guide God? Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment