How’s your alignment?
This past Sunday our pastor delivered a very challenging message,,,wait let me rephrase that, was it really challenging or do we make it challenging? we read in the book of Romans, chapter 12 verse 1 and 2, And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2,Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. So let me present that question to you again, was it a challenging message or do we make it challenging? There is no doubt in my mind that God wants nothing but the very best for his children, he wants each and everyone of us to experience healing, happiness, and victory in all areas of our lives, but to truly experience all the great and good things God has for us ,we first and foremost need one thing, and that’s to be in alignment with the will that God has for our lives. I can hear some of you right now saying, “ I just don’t think that is what God has in store for me, that’s for someone else”. STOP SAYING THAT! Read this and believe it, Mathew 17 verse 18 through 20 says this, And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured at once. 19, then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not drive it out?" 20,And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Look what Ezekiel experienced, the Bible says this, the hand of the LORD was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.” maybe you’re thinking like Ezekiel thought, “God all I can see before me are difficult things, why are you leading me through this dark valley of dry bones, there’s nothing here, no source of life, NOTHING! You see in that valley there was no other source but God, and while in that valley we have no power, breath, or strength of our own. The valley of death brings us to a place of total dependency. We need to be like Ezekiel and totally trust in God, aligning yourself with Gods will for your life and believe it.
A few years back around this time of year I went to a doctors appointment with my wife, and at that meeting with her doctor she was delivered with some life changing news, My wife had be diagnosed with Breast cancer. I can never begin to explain the feeing or the thoughts that consumed me at that very moment, nor can I begin to imagine how my beautiful bride felt at that moment either. I can tell you this, I didn’t ask God if maybe he would heal her, no I made a very bold demand of him, and I stood firm on my request. I asked God to heal her and I wasn’t and would not accept any thing less than that. There was no debating; he was going to heal her. Yes there were many that thought I was crazy, stupid ,totally out of line in doing that, but not me. I stood firm on Gods promise, and I refused to doubt his ability to heal her, and he did. He can do the same amazing and awesome miracles for you also, never doubt the awesome power and ability of the Great God we have the privilege to serve and believe in. Don’t diminish the power of God because things don’t happen in the timeframe we set, remember Gods timing is not our timing. Grab on to Gods promise for your life. Align your heart with Gods heart.
Dear Lord, see me through the hard and troubling times, help me hold on strong, Through trials and storms, and to hold on to my faith even the darkest hour. Stay with me Lord, and show me your way. In your Holy name I pray. Amen. Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment