Friday, February 10, 2012

God's plan?

You ever wonder if God has a plan for your life. I mean as a Christian I know that He has a plan for my life, but I often think of those that don't know Jesus as their personal savior and wonder what they are thinking. A few months back my Pastor made a suggestion to me, he said I should start a blog’ I took it into consideration and prayed on it. You see if I am going to do something that I think might impact the Kingdom of God in some positive way, I want to make sure it is something God wants me to do. I have the utmost respect for Pastor Troy, so when he suggested it I was more than willing to give it a shot. The bible says :Ephesians 1:11-Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan. The word of God clearly states that God has a plan for us, we serve a purpose. Knowing that God has a plan for each and everyone of us, the next step should be to try to follow it, right? Easier said than done my friends. You see we can easily become discouraged in life; there are so many obstacles in life that if we aren’t paying close attention we become entangled in the snares before us, Then before we even realize it we're in such a rut that we can’t seem to find an escape from it. Let me use this blog for example. I started it because I know it is what God wanted me to do, so naturally I thought " God if its something you want me to do its going to be great" So I started it ,diligently blogging what God placed on my heart for those who needed maybe a little encouragement, or inspiration Well as time went on and I would look at my "Follower" list, and I would seem to focus on that number. For some strange reason it was important to me to see that number grow, get larger each and every time I posted another blog. Well guess what, after weeks and weeks of posting my "follower" list wasn't any larger than when I first began. So my first thought was "God am I doing the right thing?" The Bible says this; Galatians 6:9, Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. I must say that I was getting a little discouraged, and I was questioning if this was really what God had in mind for me. You see its easy to become discouraged in life, even doing God’s will .You see the believer has someone to turn to when they become discouraged. We read in the Bible; 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18, 17) Never stop praying. 18) Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. What about the non-believer who do they turn to in time of need? I am so grateful that someone decided to share the wonderful gift of Salvation with me, because I don't know how I would of or could of made it this far without Jesus in my life. I am going to continue on with this blog as God so leads me. And I refuse to give into the sly deceptive ways of the devil. You see God placed it on Pastor Troy’s heart to share it with me, and through much prayer God has reassured me that this is what I am to do. I don’t need to focus on any number, all I need to do is be obedient to God and he will do the rest. My friends, as anything you do in life do it to the best of your ability, we will all certainly face discouragement, But we do not have to be overwhelmed by it. We are nothing without God and nothing in this life is permanent. One day we will give account to Him for the way we have lived. We must humble ourselves before Him, submitting to His will, obeying His word. God has a plan for each and every one of us, seek it and live it. Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment