This Blog is designed to help lift yous spirits,and hopefully encourage those who are feeling "down and out" or just need a little encouragement.The posting on this Blog are from my heart,inspired by the Holy Spirit.I live my life according to the word of God,and i believe that we can draw all the strength that we need to get through each day from God.We are truly empowered for Him, by Him . Blessings
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Life is good with God in it !!
Today i spent the day with my beautiful wife at the doctor’s office. I have to admit it’s not always the most exciting thing for me to do, but it’s always enjoyable because I get to spend time with my wife. I love spending time with her, although we have been together nearly 32 years it seems I still get to know her better each and every minute we spend together. Some may think that’s a little odd, your probably saying "what did they do the first 31 an 1/2 years ?We do spend a lot of time together, and it seems as though sometimes as though we’ve just met. Its not that we don't listen to each other, its just that the more time you spend together, talking and sharing and especially listening to each other the more you get to know one another. This leads me to my topic, the more time we spend with God the better we get to know Him,,,,makes sence right? The more time we spend in the word of God the better we will be tuned to His voice. The scriptures are like a tuning fork; if we are on that same frequency, we will hear God's voice clearly. If you want to hear the voice of God, you must study and know the teachings of Jesus. Have you ever tried to carry on an in depth conversation with a complete stranger or a person that you really didn't know? Well usually it doesn't go too far. See as we spend time with our heavenly Father we get to know him on a deeper plain. The more questions that you present to Him, and the more answers that you seek in response, the better you get to know Him. I think this is a neat concept regarding getting to know God. When you want to have a conversation with someone, how do you begin? Do you stand in front of the person and hope they will talk to you? That might work, if the other person is outgoing enough, but usually we begin a conversation by opening our own mouths and talking, engaging the other person's attention. It's the same with God! He loves to hear us talk to Him, and it's in those moments that we prepare ourselves to hear the voice of God. Prayer is like saying, "Hello, God, it's me. I believe you created me and that you know way more about how I should live my life than I do. I'd like to get to know you better. Here's what's going on in my life, and I'd sure like your thoughts on how to handle it. Would you please speak to me about this today?” Just like getting to know your wife, getting to know God works the same way, we must engage Him in order to know Him. Do you want to hear God's voice? I know I do. We need to tell God that we want to know him we want to love him and we want to learn more of him. I spent the entire day with my wife today; well we can do the very same thing with God, on a daily basis also. I challenge you tomorrow morning when you get up, asks the Lord to come with you wherever you are going. Make it a specific invitation. "Lord, I have to get ready for work now. Would you please come with me?" Of course, He will but I think it delights him to be asked. And it helps us to be conscious that he is with us during the daily grind no matter was we go. John 10:26,But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. These are good words. So as we get to know one an other in this world each new day, May we try even harder to get to know our Heavenly father on a daily, hourly maybe even by the minute basis. God loves us so much and he longs to hear from all of us. Blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment