This past Sunday Pastor Troy continued his series on the “thermometer” ,and I must say it challenged me .For many of you that were there and heard the message you might be saying to yourself” It was a great message but how did it challenge you”? Let me explain. During his sermon Pastor asked the question “Are you in a place in your life right now that God did not intend you to be?”And he went on to say that Jesus’ plan for your life is the best plan that you will ever experience. So after hearing that I started to think and the wheels of my mind began to turn. I began to meditate on that question that he presented to the congregation and myself, am I in a place in my life right now that God just doesn’t want me to be? that’s a tough question to answer ,or maybe its not, Jeremiah 29:11 says” For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. The scriptures say that the Lord knows the plans for me already and the plans he has for me will not cause me harm, now for me that’s some great news. So let me ask you this , if the Lord already knows the plans for our life’s and they are good , why does it seem sometimes that life could be better?
You know no one knows you better than god himself and He knew you way before time began and He was there the day you were born, and he’s been intimately acquainted with every detail of your life right up until now. He knows your weaknesses and your strengths, your fears and your joys. He knows how to make your life the best it can possibly be ,he created you and me for a purpose and he didn’t create us only to abandon us to figure out life as we go along, no no no, He loves you and I way too much for that! Romans 8:29-30 says this,” For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. Some more great news!
God has a perfect plan for our life, its tailor made for each and everyone of his children, but we have to want it. Think about it this way, wouldn’t it be tragic to live your life and accomplish all your own goals, yet never discover what could have been if you had sought God’s direction? We need to search out God’s direction for our life’s we need to really seek Him in all we do ,imagine if we did that, God would show us options for our life’s that we could never begin to fathom. Colossians 1:27says “To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
Pastor Troy ended his sermon explaining to the congregation that he has a very strong passion to reach people with the message of Christ great love that he has for each and every one of us. He made the statement that maybe sometimes he can be a little “harsh at times” well I may be wrong ,and I don’t mind if you disagree with me , but I don’t feel that Pastor is being harsh at all, you see Like Christ was ,when you care so much, when what you feel in your heart is so strong it hurts, you become so passionate about something that you will do what ever it is required of you, well I think that’s the way Pastor Troy is ,His love for reaching the lost and dying is so intense that he sometimes seems to be ,well harsh, I am a firm believer of this theory “If you don’t want your toes to be stepped on, keep them out of the isle” I thank the Lord daily for Pastors like Troy ,ones that are sold out to God and not afraid to speak the truth of God’s word .You may call it “harsh” I call it OBEDIENCE.
So where are you in life? Are you where God intends you to be or some place different, are you following His direction or your own?
I close with this scripture Matthew 10:37-39 37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
What a blessing to be called a child of God, He is knocking won’t you throw that door open, won’t you? Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment