Thursday, February 2, 2012

God wants us to be positive!

This is one of those subjects that i really don't like to discuss or even talk about, but I feel we need to.” NEGATIVITY IN GOD'S CHILDREN" I know o lot of Christian people and for the most part they are fairly positive people. I am aware of the fact that life can bring you down, but we as Christians should have some kind of clue were and what we need to do when life gets us down. This is what my Bible says, Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. But that's not all, there’s more, Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. and more, Psalms 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength and my refuge is in God. The other day i was driving through a large city, and I was looking around at all the different people .I noticed one particular man walking down the street and I swear if it was possible ,another inch and he was going to trip on his lower lip. Then there was this car that was behind me for several blocks, and the woman driving seemed to be very agitated. Maybe it was my driving but if she could have gotten any closer to me she would have been in my back seat. At every stop light I couldn't help but notice the anguished look upon her face from my rear view mirror. I couldn't help but to wonder what in the world could be so bad to give her a look like that. Don’t get me wrong, or think that my life is all "peaches and cream", it's not, but when things start going in a direction that I really don't care for I try to call upon the one who I think can ,,,WILL help me. How about this, when we realize that we are truly incapable of controlling our life, we can surrender our will to God’s will. It may be a matter of finally saying we trust Him. This will open the door so that we may experience the fullness of all God wants and has for us. After all, He is our Creator and has a perfect plan for us when we let Him orchestrate it. I think that we as humans often have it in our heads that we can do it on our own. I think we make up our own minds most of the time without even consulting with God about it. Think about it, the Scriptures say that "God formed us”,,, does that mean anything at all to you? I'm not trying to beat anybody up, but if God formed you and me you might think he has a clue what’s good for us! We walk around all week with our head down and our hearts heavy and you know time and time again I've heard people cry, "God hasn't blessed me. I asked Him for good things, but it doesn't help." Or they complain, "I try so hard to do the right things and to be a good Christian, but it just doesn't work for me." Others have tasted of God's goodness and want more. We all long for God's favor, don't we?, and yet it often seems elusive. What’s the reason? There has to be a reason right? You see when a Christian is negative, and his heart is heavy ,his focus is on everything but Jesus, all the worries in his or her life have just become so much more important, and their focus is now off the Lord, Our adversary loves that! See a weak un focused angry, negative Christian is absolutely no threat and We need to be aware of that. I think all can apply this to our lives, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139: 23-24. Talk to God about your struggles, then seek him to help you in those areas. With the help of the Holy Spirit and some heartfelt prayer I think we can all be better Christians and make a positive impact in the Kingdom of God. Psalms 19:14,,May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment