Today at church the Pastor is starting a new series, that unfortunately I am going to miss due to this stupid virus I have contracted.(in my body not my p.c.)Well as I sat around the last couple of days wallowing in my sorrow, waiting to get better I had this thought?
I took my physical temperature to see if it was normal since I was feeling so lousy and low and behold I wasn't running a fever, but I still felt crummy. When I feel this way it's very hard for me to focus on prayer and praise, I mean I just can't seem to get past how lousy I feel, and taking my own temperature didn't seem to do a thing for me. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could take our own spiritual temperature? Wouldn’t it be helpful if there were a test of some sort to tell you if you needed treatment for a spiritual fever? I read this scripture and began to think, what my “spiritual temperature” is The Bible says this, the steps of the godly are directed by the LORD, He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23.I think we can evaluate our spiritual temperature by looking at what things in our life have the most attention.
Do you find it difficult to read the Bible without being distracted by other things around you and are you having a hard time making prayer a priority through out your day ?Do you find it hard to pray for others or even you own needs? Well if that's the case, which it was with me I think these are signs that your spiritual temperature needs some attention. I believe we need to keep our spiritual temperature as even as possible. That doesn't mean that we can't let it get a little high at times, but I think we need to keep it in control. I believe that our spiritual temp is governed by the things we have in our lives, are those things that we value just temporary and some day will be burned up ,or do they affect a dear soul that will be with you throughout all eternity. Just as temperature needs the right conditions to rise, we as Christians need the right conditions to raise our spiritual temperature. We read this in the Bible, Revelation 3:14-17,To the Church in Laodicea “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15) I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16) So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17) You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I know that these words seem harsh, and I believe that they are for a reason. You see our spiritual temperature is very important, not only to ourselves but also to the Lord. Our focus on God and our spiritual temperature go hand in hand, they directly affect one another. Each of us needs to assess our spiritual temperature, and make sure we are fervent in Christ's business, and I believe best thermometer of your spiritual temperature is the intensity of your prayer. Make sure that you don't become a complacent Christian, one who is quite content living life in the gray areas, not wanting to get too uncomfortable. Will Jesus say "well done good and faithful servant" Matthew 25:23? Or will He say "I never knew you; depart from Me" Matthew 7:23? Ask the Lord to light a fire in your heart today that will set on "fire" any area of your life that has become lukewarm and complacent. Life here on earth is but for a moment, but eternity is forever. Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment