I want to continue to reflect on the sermon that Pastor Troy started last Sunday,it was a powerful beginning to what I feel is going to be a very impact full sermon series.
I know so many people out in this world that are in relationships that are less than what the Lord has designed for them, to say the very least they aren't even close to having or living how God has intended them to live. God has so much for each and everyone of his children,The bible says that his love is “everlasting”. That word “everlasting” means something which, like a river, is ever flowing.
I often finding myself asking God this question,”If seeing your precious children in hurtful relationships makes my heart heavy,how is it affecting you?”we serve such a forgiving God ,and he just wants to bless us so richly,why don't we get it?why do we constantly push his love aside?the bible says this in John 15:9-16a “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you…” Did you notice what the Lord said,he said “You are my friends if you do what I command you.”So I’m thinking if the Lord values a relationship of friendship between you and I, relationships must be right up there on his list of priorities.
Jesus prayed to the Father for you to have unity in your relationships. John 17:22-23 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one,23 "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
In a good relationship, with Jesus in the middle, each person is coming closer to Jesus becoming one with Him and also one with each other. I believe Many relationships go bad because people leave Jesus out of the relationship .Only God can give us the love, joy, and peace that we all are seeking. When you keep Jesus in the middle of the relationship, you will maintain your inner source of love, joy and peace, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Even if the relationship with the other person does not work out, you will have inner stability, because God is your source, not the other person.
I really believe relationships go bad because one or both people loose their focus on Jesus in the relationship. When this happens selfishness takes over, instead of caring about the benefit of God and the other person. James 4:1-3, What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?2) You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. 3)
When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
This is one of my favorite scriptures regarding a relationships between a husband and wife,1 Corinthians 7:2-6 ,But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.3) The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4)The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.5)Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.6) I say this as a concession, not as a command.
So as I close let me present to you this question,What is God's greatest desire for you ? God wants to have a close relationship with you and More than anything I believe He wants you to have an intimate love relationship and friendship with Him. God wants you to spend time with Him and intimately communicate with Him, How much do you desire a deep,loving meaningful relationship with God?God needs to touch our hearts so that Jesus is our first and only love. we need to faithfully and passionately seek and follow Him, however and wherever He may lead us.
Jesus said that “I am come to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already
kindled” Luke 12:49. The fire He was speaking of was the Holy Spirit’s presence and
power in our lives. Jesus longs to pour out His Spirit into our lives and into our
relationships. It is with the Spirit’s power and presence in our lives that our relationship
with God, in our homes, with our families, friends, and at the work place as well as the
communities we live in. So my friends won't you let God be the center of each and every relationship that is formed,he so desires to bless you ,won't you let Him?
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment