We had a very good,let me rephrase that ,we had a very excellent day at church this weekend. It started out with some very good prayer,and I have to say the prayers that were offered up to God in that small room at New Life Assembly were powerful to say the least. It is such a blessing to me to sit in a circle of believers that want nothing more than to just pour their hearts out to the Lord. To listen to true and sincere prayers ,offered up to God by his children,that are seeking his face ,and seeking His will in their life's ,well there just aren't any words in my vocabulary to explain how that make one feel.
After that prayer session was over,and believe me I didn't want it to end, my mind began to spin in about a million different directions,i couldn't help but to meditate on some of the prayers that I heard in that circle. I was questioning myself, am I truly seeking god in my prayer life, am I truly seeking God in my daily walk, am I truly seeking god at all??.I then had to ask myself this question, “What does it mean to seek first the Kingdom of God?”,and am I diligently doing it? So I opened up my bible and looked up some scripture on this subject, this is what the bible says,Matthew 6:31-33, So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
After reading that verse I tried to put my self into that scripture,I tried to view my spiritual life from a different angle. These verses say that your needs can be met if you seek first the kingdom of God. What does this really mean? Many people put this into practice by reading the bible and praying first thing in the morning. For many people, though, it ends there. They go about the rest of the day and do not even think about God,and if they over sleep or get up late,well then God gets put on the back burner, he gets forgotten,as the saying goes “out of sight,out of mind”you should seek God first in everything you do, all day long, but How do you do that? Instead of only doing morning devotions, you should seek God first in everything you do, all day long,i believe that you should incorporate God int every single thing that you do throughout your entire day.
Acknowledge Him, talk to Him, praise Him, and ask Him for help and guidance. As you are getting ready for work, thank God for all that He has given you. Thank Him for everything going smoothly and for good traffic so you make it to work on time and being calm and peaceful when you get there.
At work, thank Him for your job. It may not be the perfect job, but thank Him for it anyway and do your best job. If you run into a problem, instead of complaining and worrying, say "God, you have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. Help me Lord to know what to do in this situation." God is always talking to us, but we are not always listening. When we do listen, many times we do not do what He says. So, we need to listen and obey, all day long.
One of my favorite scriptures is ,Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.
God is not a magic genie. He will answer our prayers but he will not jump out of a lamp in your living room and present you with what you want. God desires more for you than just giving you everything that you desire. He wants to teach you to be like His son, Jesus.
God will show up when you search for Him, but will you know it? Think of it like having a radio. Even with the radio in your possession, it is of no use to you unless you can hear it. You will be no closer to knowing God if you can’t hear His voice.
There is absolutely nothing that you give over to the Lord in this life that is worth comparing to what you get back – in this life and in the life to come. Nothing!
How diligently do you seek God? – Judge yourself ,that's what I had to do
But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged . 1 Corinthians 11:31
you have a choice to make. Do you want to “diligently seek” or “simply survive”? The choice is up to you and no one can make it for you. I hope you understand the value of the kingdom and if you don’t, I hope you are willing to diligently seek him for the revelation of the value of it with the certainty that if God said it was worth your time – then it is worth your time “for God cannot lie.” Become a “doer’ and discover the glory that He gives to those who “diligently seek.”
James 1:22-25,22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
So my friend, I urge you to seek God with all you do ,with all your strength, and of course with all your mind and heart, I came away from that short prayer session at New Life last Sunday with a new and fresh perspective on just what it means to diligently seek God. I only pray that I will grow closer and become even more familiar with God's voice and recognize ii when he speaks to me,I also pray that you my friends become closer to God on a daily basis as you seek him diligently throughout you prayer time. I close with this
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Hebrews 11:6
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment