Monday, April 9, 2012

I love when God answers prayers!!!

This past Sunday,Resurrection Sunday was the start ot the new service schedule at New Life Assembly of God ,we went from one to two services and it was to say the least amazing!God always comes through in ways that we can't imagine,doesn't He?when I was informed that we would be expanding to two services I began to pray and lift it up to god,it wasn't that I was asking God to bring the people in,or that all the seats in the sanctuary were filled,my prayer was that pastor Troy would not be discouraged. To many of you that might sound like I doubted the ability of our pastor to stand strong,or that I in some way thought he is week,well I assure all that neither of those two are qualities of Pastor Troy Allen. If you don't know or are unaware Pastor is a very driven person, and in my opinion he does not take ,nor does he accept failure well, in fact I believe he doesn't know how to spell the word failure. You see I believe in the power of prayer,and I know he does to. I believe God hears the prayers of everyone. Oftentimes, when someone does not receive an immediate, favorable answer from God, he or she then assumes that God either didn't hear the prayer or doesn't care to answer. Even the most attentive and devout Christian has felt a touch forsaken by God at times when life seems to be dealing too many hard blows without any abatement fact ,God is answering all of our prayers as He sees fit. . Man can't ever assume that by merely asking God for something it becomes apt or fitting for his situation. Our Father knows how our prayers must be answered, and we must trust Him to make those decisions for us. By so doing we strengthen our holy faith in God.
God does not look for those who will do things for him, but rather He looks constantly for those he can do great things through. 2 Chronicles 16:9 in the Bible tell us that “His eyes roam to and fro across the entire earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully his.”
The Apostle Paul prayed (three times) for release from his physical illness but he was not healed. There was nothing deficient in Paul, God had another plan. Remember, his plan for you is for all of eternity, not just this period in time. Trust that he is working that eternal plan at this very moment.
God’s timing is perfect. Trust that he is answering and will answer. I believe that is the prayer of many at New Life,including Pastor Troy “If you want to know what God really wants you to do, ask him ... but if you don’t ask in faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer.” James 1:5-6
Have you ever asked God for something and didn’t expect to get it? That’s why you didn’t get it. God works in our lives according to faith. So many times we say, “God, please guide me!” and we walk away not even waiting for guidance. We just immediately start to work We say, “God, I want you to give me wisdom; help me make the right decision.” But we don’t really expect him to do that. We think it all depends on us. 
God has promised to give us wisdom, if we will ask. Wisdom is seeing life from God’s point of view. Wisdom is the ability to make decisions the way God makes decisions.
Think about this: God never makes a bad decision. He never makes a mistake. He says if we trust him and listen to him, he will guide us. But we must ask in faith.
I truly believe in the power of prayer and I have faith in our Father in heaven to hear those prayers,the bible says ,The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much" James 5:16.,my friends never never,never put a limit on the power of prayer. I have seen so many amazing things in my lifetime, and I can only say that most if not all of those events are or were a direct result of prayer.,and I am standing rock solid in my belief that God answers prayer,and He DID!!,evidence you ask,well I present to all,the two services this past Sunday at New Life Assembly,,,PACKED!!!! need I present any more proof than that?
May we all learn a lesson from the example that Pastor Troy presented to congregation,he didn't say we should be more like him,he didn’t say we need to clean up our act before we come to church,or be more holy, He just lead by example,and his example was and is the very best one,JESUS
I am thankful for a Pastor that refuses to loose his vision, and by keeping his eyes and mind and heart constantly in focus ,i feel that in a sense empowers the congregation. May we all learn to listen to the voice of God,and accept the answers that he gives us,even when they don't quite line up with the answer that we waned to hear. We must always remember..GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!!!
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment