The last couple of Sunday’s we have had some great prayer time before our services,and my good friend Mark and I talked about prayer and how sometimes we just don't seem to quite know what to say,but God always seems to give us the right words to say. I have been sharing on face book for the past couple of weeks ,what I consider to be important scriptures relating to prayer and the importance of it. I want to share a few thing about prayer that I think are important for all to know.
Have you ever noticed that different people pray in different ways? Some people are wonderful at praying for people they don't know off of a prayer list. Some people are great at praying for large things, like cities and governments. Other people feel led to pray for their church or their neighborhood. There are many different ways to pray.
The church has many different members and each one is unique. Each person filling a unique place and has been given unique gift. When some of those members don't do the job God has given them then the Body suffers. When we don't pray in the way God shows us or we try to imitate the prayer of someone else, then our portion is not getting done. God will show you how He wants you to pray .and who he want you to pray for. When someone pops into your mind, pray for them. When a concern pops into your mind, pray for it. God will tell you what and how to pray.
Don't EVER let anyone tell you that you pray wrong!! Prayer is nothing more than communication between you and God. Allow God to show you how to pray. Allow the Bible to show you how to pray. God knows what areas need prayer. God has commissioned you to pray for certain things in a certain way. Obviously, no one person can pray for all things. If we all allowed God be in control of our prayer life then there would be a huge increase in the number of answered prayers.
Often I have wondered if I am praying wrong. There are times when I just don't know what to say. It is frustrating. I sometimes feel like I am falling down on the job or that I am disappointing God. I read where miraculous things occur when other people pray and I wonder if I am using the wrong words, don't have enough faith, or am doing something wrong.
Nehemiah was a good example of a prayer warrior. We can learn about how to pray from him. The book of Nehemiah tells about how Nehemiah got bad news from the city of Jerusalem. The city of Jerusalem had been rebuilt after enemies had destroyed it, but the walls around the city had never been rebuilt and were lying in pieces. This greatly upset Nehemiah.
In Neh 2:4 he prayed a quick prayer while talking to the king. I would guess he prayed for the right words to use to convince the king and that the king would allow Nehemiah to rebuild the wall. Notice he prayed WHILE he was talking to the king. It appears he may have been in constant communication with God. Maybe he was "abiding" in God the way Jesus said in John 15:7, If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
Looking back over my life, I saw times when God was speaking to me. I just hadn't paid attention. I have since learned that God speaks to different people in different ways. He knows what we can and can't handle and we can and can't understand. Some people receive visions, or pictures. God will come to each of us on an individual basis. He knows everything about us and knows what we need. He will meet us where we are. Our portion is to be seeking Him.
The bible says this,Psalm 19:14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer great scripture is ,Luke 11:9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
There are so so many great scriptures that mention prayer, and I am so convinced that prayer is so so important in the life's of God's children. I have tried to show the importance of prayer, but most of all I want to impress upon each and everyone that prayer is simply talking to God, simple communication between Father and child. I believe that God sincerely cherishes our each and every prayer that we offer up to Him. So I encourage you to pray what the Lord puts on your heart, there is no formula to prayer,as that famous sneaker add says “JUST DO IT”
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment