Monday, March 19, 2012

God's Breath,do you want it?

Sunday march 18th was a very good day to be in a church service,and if you weren't at New Life church ,well my friends I have to tell you this much,YOU MISSED IT ! I'm not bragging or anything ,but Pastor Troy once again did a wonderful job presenting the word of God to the congregation,i mean he was “spot on” so to say. I just want to touch on a few key phrases that stuck with me.
The Pastor spoke on the subject that we need to live out God's propose that he has for our life’s,and that one of greatest treasures is “life” itself,the life that God almighty breathed into each and everyone of us, also that every breath that we take is a true gift from God.
One of the best-known verses in the Bible is Genesis 2:7 “And the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul.” This verse sets a pattern for the rest of the Bible, where breath is often equated with life itself. In fact, references to breath or breathing are frequent in the Bible, with many illustrations of God as the giver of breath and life to man .
Think about it,God breathed life into man for a propose,he had a plan for man starting with the very first breath that he breathed into him,but do we truly understand ,or even believe just how precious that breath is? I don't think we do.
In the Bible in the book of Acts we learn a little about God's breath,on the day of Pentecost ,God breathed into his disciples that had gathered in that upper room. WHOOSH, BAM! He shook the house. The people encountered God in a way that they had never encountered him before. It was a mighty wind that shook the house. The encounter was so powerful and so dynamic that it could only be explained like a fire that burned around them. It was such a dramatic encounter that it transformed a bunch of simple Galilean fisherman who were cowering in a rented room into a band of courageous, multilingual evangelists who proclaimed that God had finally fulfilled his promise .Pentecost,The day “God Breathed.”
I believe God wants to breath a new life int each and everyone of us,His breath is a changing breath,it can transform you from something that you were to what God wants you to be. We as children of God need to learn to breath in God”s breath that he has for each of us, my friends that breath will change you,transform you.
Try it. Breathe really shallow a few times. Even in that short amount of time you start to get light headed because your brain is being deprived of the oxygen it must have to function.
The question for us today is this. How well does God’s body breathe? God draws us in, but do we resist? Do we say, “No, I don’t need to be gathered into God’s presence. I’m fine out here on my own.” Or, do we drift in here, holding onto our garbage. Covering it up so that no one can see it. Unwilling to come raw and naked into God’s presence and dump it all right here.
You see God's breath is a cleansing breath,if we allow it ,if we breath it in and totally immerse ourselves in it we will never be the same, believe me ,i have tried it my friends, and it changes you.
I want to share something with you my friends,Sunday in church Pastor Troy shared some very powerful testimony ,and I must say that it had a very profound impact on me, God used Pastor and his words in a very powerful way,as he spoke ,i breathed in his words ,that were as I feel ,truly inspired by the Holy Spirit,and those words became more than real,they were transforming words to my heart,and I thank Pastor Troy for sharing them.
In closing my friends I ask you this,Can you imagine what would happen if all God”s people, in all the sanctuaries, came authentically before God and let the Spirit of God transform them, ignite them with the power of God’s grace and forgiveness, and then they were exhaled into the atmosphere of life?
That my friends, would be a mighty, rushing wind that would transform humanity to the ends of the earth. May we join with God today as “God Breathes.”
Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment