Today march 4th was an amazing day in church, I want to say that the Holy spirit was there in full force and the worship was great, the pastor delivered a sensational message, my beautiful wife by my side, what more could one ask for? Glad you asked. If you weren’t there let me start by just saying “YOU MISSED IT” , I just hope that the reason you weren’t in service today was a valid one ,oh not for me but for God. see no one has to answer to me or the pastor, they will have to answer someday to the almighty one, God himself, and I’m sure on that day all the excuses that we have and are preparing to use will be the last thing on our mind. But if you were there I hope you received what the Holy Spirit had for you today.
The Pastor spoke on so many great topics this morning, he spoke about how God wants us to “passionately pursue” Him, but how do we do that? I know that I want to give God everything I possibly can, and I know that I fall short of his expectations of me on a daily basis, I know that I make dumb mistakes ,and I ask for forgiveness from him, but if I say I want to passionately pursue him, why do I keep missing the mark? Well because I’m human, just like you, I am prone to make mistakes, and I seem to make them on a regular basis, but there is good news my friends, God understands, he knows how we are made, and how we work. You see he designed us, so he understands just what you and I are going to do, and for me that’s good news.
Our relationship with God is to be the priority that everything else must fall under.
Everything! Colossians 3:23-24 says Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. We need to put the Lord first in our life’s on a daily basis. Now I’m sure some of you are saying “how do you know I’m not putting God first “well I don’t and it really doesn’t make any difference if I knew or not, what is important is that God knows! We need to let God know how important he is to us, all the time. Period
My friends, God has so much for each and every one of you, and He wants to bless you beyond your wildest imagination .Don’t ever think that you are not worthy of God’s love, he designed us to love Him, that’s what he wants. He made us to worship him, to love on Him. Until we experience God’s love and grow to trust Him, we will not break free from the power of self. We must understand that Jesus’ death and resurrection were an act of love for us. The greatest love we will ever know! Romans 8:28 says this, And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
My friends its very easy to get caught up and ensnared it the tangled web of lies that the devil whispers to you daily,” you’re a failure, your stupid, you can’t do anything right, you don’t belong” these are all lies from the devil, and you need to stop listening to them. I always try to be as open and honest as possible when I share in this blog, that way people can come to know me and what I am all about. You see it’s easy to listen to those lies; it’s easy to believe them too. My wife and I travel an hour to church on Sunday, and we do it because God has told us that is where we belong, we aren’t from the area where our church is located, so re really don’t hang out with many of the people in our church, but we still consider it “our “church, and if we were to listen to the lies of the devil like,”
you don’t belong, you don’t live around here,ect ect. That would in be like committing spiritual suicide. God has led us to New Life Assembly for a reason, and I must say we have been so incredibly blessed that words can’t begin to explain it.
I believe that God wants his people to “passionately purse “him, and if that means that we drive an hour to do ,and we get our socks blessed off, then maybe just maybe we are doing something right. Proverbs 3:5-6 says this, 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. I believe all of us are called to passionately pursue God and whatever it is God has in store for us. When you are passionate about something your whole heart is in it and I think that is very important. I believe we are called to step out boldly and to pursue God’s way and God’s word with passion. Choose to take time in your lives and participate in the opportunities God gives you .Take advantage of the tools He gives you, and use them to passionately pursue Him. Make space in your life to spend time with God – reading, praying and listening. Make room in your lives to remember how God has moved in your life in your todays and yesterdays. Prepare yourselves for what God might call you to do and where God might call you and us to go. Great days with God await all of us.
Isaiah 51:1-3, says this, 1 "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; 2 look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth. When I called him he was but one and I blessed him and made him many. 3 The LORD will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.
I close tonight with this, I am so incredibly blessed with all that the Lord has given me, and I will daily seek to passionately purse God in all that I do. I pray that each and everyone of you seek Gods face daily, never give up and always trust in Him.
John 8:32 says Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment