We heard two very strong and powerful testimonies today in church, and I believe that the testimonies given today touched many hearts in several different ways. I want to reflect on a phrase that I heard from one of the individuals that gave their testimony today, He said that he is a “work in progress” and I think that statement really hit home for several people in the congregation today.
What is a “work in progress” for Christ?, well how about this , When the Lord opened our eyes to His saving grace, and He lifted the veil of our sinful hearts, when He mercifully took pity upon you and me as sinners in need of grace, He began a good work in us. He began the work of preparing us for glory, and to spend eternity in His presence. Think of it like getting ready to go to a banquet. You need to get ready, you need to be prepared. Well, as saints of God on earth, God is completing the work of getting us ready for glory, to join with Him in a glorious union and fellowship for all eternity in heaven. "For I know the plans I have for you, declare the LORD, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I believe all children of God are works in progress, and I feel we need to fully rely on God in order to develop into what God intends us to be. As believers in Christ we need to be careful not to put limits on God’s power and promise’s for our life’s. I am more than convinced in my spirit that many Christians are limiting God’s work in their lives by their doubts. We all trust God in most areas of our lives, especially for our salvation, but most of us have one area we block off where we don’t really and truly believe God will undertake for us.
Let me give you a few examples, many Christians that I know have faithfully prayed for others and their needs, yet when it to healing in their own bodies ,lives, their marriages, or even an illness they doubt God’s willingness to do the same for them, and I believe that they limit God by their unbelief.
Today at church Rick.L., a brother in Christ gave his testimony and stated that he was a master “wall builder”, and that no one could build a better wall than he could, and he went on in his testimony to also explain that the only one that was able to break down these great walls was Jesus! Have you ever prayed to God to break down walls in someone else’s life? Yet when it comes to the salvation of your own family, you lack faith? So you say to yourself,” God must not want to do this, guess he doesn’t hear me in this matter” well if that’s true then your not seeing him as God! The bible says, Ephesians 3:20, now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
I’ve heard the Lord say to me at times “Tim you’ve tied my hand and shackled my feet, how can I answer you when deep down you really don’t believe I will? ,your doubt is hindering me from being God to you, you have to understand this and know this about my nature, I am more willing to give than you are to receive”
So I truly believe that a “work in progress” in god’s eyes is one that is willing to be molded by the hand of the almighty. We must be willing to let go and let God so to say. We ought to be saying “God can ,He did ,and He will. It is so very easy to follow our plan in doing something, to do it our way, and we heard examples of that in the testimonies given today in church. We must be willing to lay our plans aside, no matter how good we think they are and submit to the plans that the Lord has for each and everyone of us.
Jeremiah 1:5, Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Those are some encouraging words from the Lord. So as we venture down the road of life may we all be open to the lord’s will in our lives, and my we all be “Works in progress” that the lord is in control of blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment