Wednesday, March 7, 2012

With God there's Hope!

Today at work my friend Dave and I had several discussions about our Lord and savior,and I will tell you they were very enlightening discussions. We ended up talking about a former coworker of ours that has a form of cancer and it is terminal. Dave asked me if I had ever discussed salvation with this individual,and I told him I had but it seemed as though he took no interest in what I had to say to him,and that kind of made me sad. Dave had told me the same thing, that he also had discussed salvation with this individual,and it had the same impact on him,my question is ,”why”I am so grateful that I serve a God that is “Approachable” and is so willing to listen to us. God hears our cries for help and responds quickly,even though it may seem like a long time to us. He works out His best for us according to His plan in our life's. And His work is accomplished even when we do not see anything happening,isn't that just amazing?
Remember that desktop novelty that has the three monkeys in a row labeled "See no evil", "hear no evil", and "speak no evil". Sometimes we think of God this way when we are in the midst of problems. We think that God has turned His back on us. Sometimes this causes us to try and fix the problem ourselves. "God helps those who help themselves!" is a familiar saying but it is not in Scripture. Rather, this is what the bible says in Psalm 116:4-6 4 Then I called on the name of the Lord,“O Lord, I pray, deliver my soul!”5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous,our God is merciful.6The Lord preserves the simple,when I was brought low, he saved me. God helps those who. CANNOT help themselves.
when you are going through a trial that seems like it will never end,consider this,Does God know about it? He Certainly,Does God care that you are hurting?yup right down to the deepest part of His heart. Well Is God going to do anything about it? He's already at work in His holy plan to bring you through this situation, one way or another. So you ask,Why me? Well Maybe the question should be"why not me?". But God knows your plight and he will not allow more in your life than you can handle.
Each and everyone of go through tough times in life, with absolutely no explanation in our minds as to why,we can't begin to even grasp the reason as to why. I know so many people that are totally lost and without hope,and even though I have shared my faith with them ,and even explained how God has brought me through ,up and out of the pit of dis pare,they still can't seem to grasp that there is hope,there is an answer,there is a solution to there each and every worry,yup you guessed it ,JESUS!!
This world is full of problems of which people are desperate to find solutions. What few people realize is that the answer is right under our noses! The God who created the universe has a Name by which anything is possible! This is how Paul describes Christ's position in Colossians 1:16-20
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Jesus Christ is the head, He will supply our physical needs. Seeking first His kingdom, however, does not merely mean "asking God for a cookie." It means that following His commandments and making them along with God the number one priority in our life's ,every day.
My friends ,let me clue you in on something,being a christian doesn’t mean that you turn in to this weak and washed up person who can no longer stand up for him or herself,and needs to hide behind God,what it does mean is that now you have someone that will walk side by side with you,and help hold you up,GOD ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER MY FRIENDS. when to accept to Lord as you savior you now have an eternal source of help,when you mess up, fall down or just do plain dumb stuff, you have someone to turn to that will hear you and forgive you, it's this simple .God will not disappoint someone who really wants Him! If you are ready to make that choice, simply pray sincerely to God something like the following, in your own words: ,
"Jesus, I now realize that You are above all things. I realize that You are the answer to my, and the world's, problems. I believe that You are God's unique, begotten Son, that You lived a perfect life on earth, were crucified for my sin, and bruised for my healing. I accept that this was done for me. Now, be my Lord and show me how I can live in victory in You! In Jesus' name, Amen!"
My friends Put you faith and trust at all times in the living LORD Jesus Christ who cares for you and gave Himself up for you. His death on the cross for your sins was not just to bring you forgiveness but also to make you a child of God. In Christ you belong to the LORD God. And just as a parent is concerned about all that his child experiences, you can rest assured that God is all the more concerned about you! Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment