While eating my lunch today ,i was reading my bible and this was the scripture that I read,
Romans 7:19-25,19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
As I sat in front of my computer and read this I scripture ,I could see my reflection in my computer monitor and so many thoughts were running through my mind. I thought “how does this scripture relate to me? And why am I having such a hard time getting past verse 25? My eyes kept going back to verse 21b,”although I want to do good,evil is right there with me” that verse alone became so profound to me all of a sudden,it just seemed as though I was living this verse. It just seemed to hit home for some reason ,I wasn't sure why either. .
Paul says this ,he blames sin, not himself. What he said in verse 14, that he was a slave to sin, is only the way it appeared to be. The reality, he says, is that all my sins are blamed on this hostile power within me, and all the good is produced by Christ. It is not me, but my old sinful nature that is still enslaved to sin. He goes on to summarizes it in Rom. 7:21: So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law or principle at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. So there is a struggle. His mind wars against his body, which has been hijacked by sin. Although he wants to do good, the evil within him sometimes causes him to do things that he hates. So he groans,as he says in Rom. 8:23, waiting for the redemption of his body, the resurrection and the ultimate victory over his sinful nature.
Have you ever felt that way? No matter what you do ,you feel that sin is getting the best of you. You turn to the Lord for forgiveness ,I mean you are sincere about it ,and yet you feel like your just spinning your wheels .you feel as though you are facing a head wind that is constantly threatening to push you over. well my friends let me reassure you that you are not alone. the pressures in this world can become so very overwhelming that you are more than confident that your going to be crushed,broken to bits,well let me reassure each and everyone of you,that is a lie from the pits of hell. The bible says this, Romans 8:37-39,37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Our hope in Christ is truly glorious and wonderful. However, hope is not always enough. We are weak. Sometimes we lose direction to the degree that we don't know what to pray. Our Lord Jesus taught us to pray, "Your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven." We get so bound up with our own petty problems that we become nearsighted. At that moment, we are totally useless. Then God gives us his Spirit to help us. the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." The Holy Spirit reminds us that God is the Sovereign Ruler of all creation,reminds us that Jesus has already won the victory over sin and death and the devil. The Holy Spirit helps us to see what God is doing,and continually renews our souls so that we can pray.
God is good. God loves us. In the love of God, we are more than conquerors.
Blessings. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment