Tuesday, January 24, 2012

God doesn't need us! (does He?)

Did you ever think about this statement,"Does God need me?",well I had a short conversation with my brother at work today on this very statement.Psalm 50:7 “Hear, O My people, and I will speak;
O Israel, I will testify against you;
I am God, your God.
8 “I do not reprove you for your sacrifices,
And your burnt offerings are continually before Me.
9 “I shall take no young bull out of your house
Nor male goats out of your folds.
10 “For every beast of the forest is Mine,
The cattle on a thousand hills.
11 “I know every bird of the mountains,
And everything that moves in the field is Mine.
12 “If I were hungry I would not tell you,
For the world is Mine, and all it contains.
13 “Shall I eat the flesh of bulls
Or drink the blood of male goats?
14 “Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving
And pay your vows to the Most High;
15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.”
Some of us think that we are doing God a favor by going to church on Sundays or reading the Bible. We even think we are doing God a favor by acknowledging Him as the Lord of our lives. No, my friends, we aren't doing Him any favor, WE ARE DOING OURSELVES A FAVOR! God does not need us, we need Him! Let us reason together and truly understand this.Think of it God created the vast universes that we see in our telescopes, he made the earth and the sea,not to mention all the creatures in it.He made light and darkness the air we breathe HE MADE US!! As i read that scripture i came to realize God wouldn't even ask me for a sandwich if he was hungry.God just doesn't need me, but get this, He stretched out His arms and died for me.He gave His only begotten Son for me,sacrificed for me and you.
Psalm 8:4 4 What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him? .It amazes me that the Lord God even thinks of me . Why would He even bother with me? Why would He leave His glory to die on a Roman cross for me while I was yet a rotten and wicked sinner who turned my back on Him? Why?,,,,Why?? I believe its because of LOVE that he did it,not because he needs us,but because of his love.That's kind of hard to understand isn't it? I know it puzzles me at times.I believe God made us for His pleasure,not because He needed us.
We should begging God to be saved,and We often act like we do God a favor by turning to Him. He doesn't need us, we need Him, and when man gets a hold of that concept,I believe he will then truly see.
Rest well my Friends Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment