Friday, January 27, 2012

Let Go and Let God!!

While i was reading my bible this morning and praying for God's direction in a few matters that i am facing ,he gently reminded me of a pastor that i had read about and had watched several videos of.A few years back my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer,and it was right about this time of the year.So around this time each year my mind takes to wandering and at times it takes me right back to the very moment that the doctor told my wife that she had cancer.My wife(the strong one) will tell you that i don't handle these kind of things very well.I tend to withdraw and really don't like to talk about it.Its not that i am ignoring it or avoiding it, its just that i hate that i can't figure it out!I just don't like not knowing why something isn't right or not working right.Everything in me tells me that i should be able to figure it out,there's just got to be a solution.That is a part of me that i have to continually give over to God.I have to on a daily basis, not only ask God but i almost beg Him to change me,make me to rely more upon him in these types of situations.Only God is “perfect,” and thus only God can “perfectly handle” your life for you.You have to learn to completely “let go and let God”,,,I had to learn this first before i was going to experience any peace, happiness, joy, or fulfillment in my life.I had to trust the Lord with every single area of my life with no exceptions! I so love this scripture,,Jeremiah 17:5-8 Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but her leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.” I don't know what is like to be in my wife's shoes, nor do i want to know,all i do know is i will stand by her through it all.I took a vow almost 30 years ago and i meant every word i said.I can still remember the very day and the exact moment that i looked int the eyes of my beautiful bride and made that vow,Isn't God so great that he preserves our memories just so we can relive the joy of those moments!I am grateful that we serve a God that will hear us ,answer us hold us ,but most of all LOVE (me) US!!!! Be blessed as you watch the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment