This Blog is designed to help lift yous spirits,and hopefully encourage those who are feeling "down and out" or just need a little encouragement.The posting on this Blog are from my heart,inspired by the Holy Spirit.I live my life according to the word of God,and i believe that we can draw all the strength that we need to get through each day from God.We are truly empowered for Him, by Him . Blessings
Monday, January 30, 2012
God is Love
Today after having a discussion with a close friend of mine at work, my mind really started to whirl. He presented a few really good questions that made my mind kind of go into high gear so to say. We talked about God's love for us and how we really don't deserve it, but its free and God wants us to receive it so we take it. God does not love us because we are lovable or because we deserve it, and if anything its quite the opposite. If you think about it ever since the fall of mankind we have done nothing to deserve His love. Man has been deceitful and ungrateful towards God and our innermost beings are so corrupted by sin that even we don’t realize the extent to which sin has corrupted us. Jeremiah 17:9 says the heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately sick who can understand it? That scripture speaks volumes, it says so much about the heart of man. This is what Romans 3:10-12,10 As it is written:” There is no one righteous, not even one;11 there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.12 All have turned away, they have together become worthless, there is no one who does good, not even one.” How is it possible for a Holy and righteous God to love such impure and unworthy creatures as us? To understand this I think we must first understand something about the nature and character of God.1 John 4:8 say; anyone who does not love does not know God because God is love. and if we read on we see in verse 16- 'So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us, God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.” GOD IS LOVE". This is a profound statement. You see God doesn’t just love; He is love. His very nature is love, think about it even in his wrath and anger God demonstrates love. Romans 5:8is another really good scripture explaining God's love for us, but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. He died for you and me and we never deserved it, NEVER but he did it anyways,,,,what a love. I have to admit I really have to chew on this ,I mean it just flat out baffles me at times. I look at my life and all the things I have done, the good the bad, and when i put it all on the "big scale of life" and I try to make it ballance,,well IT DOESN"T!!The bad always seems to be the heavier side of the scale and that’s not the way I want it to be. Then to make matters worse I try to figure out why God loves me, just doesn't add up right. I have come to realize this God's love is a very personal love, and he knows and loves each and everyone of us on a very personal level. God’s love knows no boundaries; it’s a mighty love with no beginning and no end. Why does God love us? It is because of who He is: "God is love."My prayer is that all may come to know the God that i serve ,and that all my experience His great love that is so freely given.Blessings my Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment