Sunday, January 29, 2012

God's Love is a wonderful thing!

You ever wonder if its possible to love someone or something to much? Let me explain what i mean, today i got to spend the day not only with the love of my life(my wife) , but also with my youngest grandson Tyler and it just seemed to be one of those normal days. Nothing spectacular occurred he didn't recite the alphabet backwards or sing the national anthem in Chinese or anything like that, it all started out as normal. My beautiful wife and I have been married 28 wondrous years today, and i must admit that there might have been a couple rocky years, but as for the majority of them they have been great, thank you Babe! Now back to what I was originally talking about. It seemed to be just another ordinary Saturday with my grandson, we goofed around, i chased him he chased me I got tired he didn't, all the normal things a Grandpa and a grandson do, and he is only 16 months old. Well it wasn't until he had been picked up by my daughter that my mind really went into high gear. God just started to work in my heart and mind when I posed the question to Him,” can you love someone to much" I get such a blessing from spending time with my grand kids, I just can't seem to get enough of them. I also love spending time with my daughters too, though that time seems very little,” hours far and few between" as the saying goes. I understand they have families of their own, but Dads can be very jealous creatures. So after asking God that question he reminded me of a couple very special scriptures, Jeremiah 29:11-11 for I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. After reading that i still had questions, but if anyone knows the Lord he will give you answers, Psalm 139:13 -14, 17, 18
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.” .We just can't out-love God can we; I mean his love is UN beatable so to say. I have been so so so blessed over the years, and I really have no reason to complain about anything at all. I think God has been more than gracious and fair to me. Now once again back to what i was originally talking about, I love my kids and all my grandchildren, and each and every moment i get to spend with them i consider "priceless" ,hours and minutes that if i could somehow be able to relive them time and time again I would. Today God showed me just a glimpse of how his love is for us, and I say a "glimpse” As I enjoyed my grandson today and loved on him i just couldn't help but wonder if the feeling that I experienced today are anything like the ones our Lord feels? as I watched him and just "bathed" so to say in all the things he did, I just couldn't help but to ask God if it was possible to love someone or something too much? and I came to a conclusion about God's love for us. God loves you loves you infinitely and unconditionally. His love and grace are imparted to you in an ongoing flow, second by second, minute by minute hour by hour and day by day. Most of us would love to have someone in our lives who loves us like this. Someone who is always patient with us, who isn't envious of us and thinks of us first. One who believes in us, hopes for the very best for us and endures hard times with us. What a wonderful thing to be loved like that. The truth is that God loves us just like that. God is the one who brings us through periods of tough times and hardship. God has a master plan for all of creation, and we are a part of it. So today because of my grandson i became just a little more understanding of God's love. Its a love that we have to accept and not try to understand .Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment