Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Years Resolution

Many Christians make New years resolutions to win more people to Jesus. To be more faithful in evangelizing their friends and families. They may start off good and actually speak up, but as the business of the year starts, this goal becomes forgotten in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Instead of making a goal of evangelizing, how about making the goal of starting every morning with the simple prayer for God to make you sensitive to His divine appointments throughout the day? Instead of limiting your goal to just evangelism that “you make an effort about”, make your goal to be more sensitive to “Divine appointments that God is making an effort about”? On your way to work or while taking your morning shower, just ask the Lord to keep you aware of His appointments for the day. I think you will find this not only a lot more workable but will see much more fruit in the long run including leading somebody to Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine explained 'divine appointments' to me while I was in the hospital awaiting the outcome of a family members procedure. I was so blessed just by the thought! And now that I am aware and in that frame of mind I have had many more opportunities! LOVE this...it works!

    ReplyDelete